Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Monday, September 8, 2008

Karma: I heard she can be a b*tch

Posted by TADOne



Will you know your 15 minutes of fame when it comes? For Kansas City Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard, that time is upon him. A little known player from Purdue University, the 3rd year of his career will no doubt go down in the NFL history books as possibly his most known season. Unfortunately, he won’t be known for his spectacular play as he will for the “Hit Heard Around The League” on New England Patriots QB and all everything man Tom Brady. A hit Randy Moss has already termed “dirty”. Welcome to the Matt Cassell Era, Patriots fans.

Just last season the Patriots were the scrounge of the league for Spygate and the subsequent findings, fines, and suspensions. The Patriots soldiered on thru the season thumbing their noses at all who called the cheaters and bullies and beat all comers and even were accused of running up the score on teams. They and their fans had a swagger about them that turned off anybody outside of the Boston sporting area. It was already bad enough that the Red Sox were reigning World Series champs and the Celtics had just acquired Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen for 30 cents on the dollar, but now they were cheaters? Hate is not a strong enough word for the heat that was being stared straight thru the Boston common area.

Perseverance and a few lucky calls carried the Patriots thru an undefeated season and playoffs, and straight to the Superbowl against the New York Giants. All that were not either a faithful fan or family of New England quickly became fans of the gap-toothed Michael Strahan and the choir-boy-looking Eli Manning. David Tyree was the first sign that karma was on the comeback trail. The final score reinforced a complete 180 for the good of mankind. However, the Football Gods were clearly not done.

It is always funny and ironic how payback seems to always find the right time to spring from the bushes and surprise an unsuspecting foe. Payback waited until the 1st quarter of the first game against an inferior opponent to show its hand. It enlisted an little known overachiever to add insult to injury. The final result is Tom Brady-Bündchen has suffered a season ending ACL tear in his knee and NFL fans everywhere are cheering the hopes their team has now acquired of actually being able to compete for an NFL Championship with the Bully on the Block now kicked to the gutter. How ironic indeed.

From my perch at the sports bar and the subsequent cheering at the moment karma completed its comeback, I can confirm the b*tch does not kiss first.

27 comments:

Eboy said...

This shit is funny as fuck! Firstly, for all the idiots who will try and play it up, it WAS NOT a dirty play. Just an awkward play that just happened to take down Golden Boy 1.0 and is now being played up as the NFL season should be cancelled because of it. Secondly, you are 1000% right about the karma aspect. Very rarely does a strong football team go through a season without some form of an injury to a starting QB and the Patriots have skated by for far too long without Mr. Bundchen taking a severe hit over the last several years. And while I never hope for injury on a dude, this won is not causing me to reach for the tissues.

Eboy said...

*one.

TADOne said...

The funniest shit was that as I was sitting at the sports bar yesterday watching my Lions practice their "ole" technique, almost 70% stood up and started clapping and cheering wildly. My first thought was that someone had scored in another game, then as I peered over I saw the hit and Brady's knee go in a direction it should not. Being the classy person I am **cough, cough** I didn't stand and cheer, but I did pump my fist under the table and laughed with my friends.

Eboy said...

Yeah, I mean, if it was career ending I would feel bad being happy dude is done, but it's only this season and he's young enough to still get a couple of good seasons in, so he'll be allright.

TADOne said...

Plus, he has Gisele nursing him, so whatever. I don't feel bad at all.

CoCo said...

Tad, Matt could turn out to be the next Brady. LOL Or maybe Tom will try to play on torn ligaments, you know like Shawn Merriman!

Anonymous said...

eboy, you should already be happy that your giants beat them in the 'bowl. Whats your prediction for the NYG for the year?

Eboy said...

Money, I think the Giants sit around 11-5 / 10-6 and barely make the playoffs behind the Eagles and the Cowboys.

TADOne said...

Co Co: Matt Cassell will turn out to be the next Matt Cassell. I hope the Patriots crash and burn because i'm sick of hearing about them. I wish Randy Moss was on another team.

Anonymous said...

yall are some hash SOB's. Stop hatting on Tom Brady, only i can do that. And when did they become 'eboy' giants? Last time i checked he was a dolphins fan? Oh well, i guess i will just have to deal with another year of suckness by my Rams. I updated my site www.freewebs.com/betcats !!!!!! hit me up

Anonymous said...

and for some reason, your new site template reminds me of starbucks.

Anonymous said...

also, i am slightly offended that you put Hursty's 'blog' (if you really want to call it that) as a favorite website and your boy's site isnt linked

DP said...

Well I am still around, BET, on bachi 2.0. Well at least for the next couple of months that is until cross country eats my ass alive. Good post, TAD. all I could think of was my boy who picked Tom Brady with the first pick of his fantasy draft. But wouldn't it be freakin hilarious if White Castle pulled a Tom Brady on Tom Brady? I know this won't happen but what if Tom Brady is Drew Bledsoe 2.0 and White Castle gets his Brady on and leads the Patriots to the playoffs and beyond? Can you say QB conflict come next year?

DP said...

damn my bad co co. I took your lines you just said. I didn't even see that comment. damn.

Hursty said...

How do you add other blogs to your site anyways? I dont know where it is and its kinda annoying not being able to get there. ( We have freedarko) But thats about it and it was there for ages. Can anyone help?

Hursty said...

Go Houston Texans(not). They only got their asses hand to em by 30 or something. I dont actually have a team but I watched MIN vs. Green Bay today at lunch and that running back ( I have no idea really) caught the ball from a kick ( I think) and ran all the way around Minny for a TD. It was in the 3rd Q and I have no idea who it was either. Pretty nice play though. Then they kicked it for an extra point. Can you help!?
At least I understand 'downs' and yards though. I was asked what an 'MIN 7' was today. Uh thats the score/team dumbass.
PS Brother Ali is pretty good for a white rapper.

TADOne said...

Ok, I would ask that Hursty not post comments anymore after he had been drinking. Damn Australians! Stick to soccer!

Eboy said...

BET, AR is our official "tech" guy so if he can add Freewebs, I know I'm with it. And yes they are my Giants, by association of my dad's(RIP)love of them from WAY back in the day when I was Ebaby, but the Dolphins are right there too, all the time.

TADOne said...

Eboy: I can actually add BET myself and I did the list that is up there now, I just can't access freewebs.com from work because it is blocked. I can do it when I get home.

Anonymous said...

TAD, what you talking bout? We don't like soccer, we like rugby

TADOne said...

Rugby/soccer....potato/pineapple....whatever. So i'm guessing Rugby rules and scoring are completely different from American football? I must admit i'm completely ignorant to it.

Anonymous said...

you gotta put the ball down across the line instead of just running over it. but the aim of game stays te same : get ball past tryline ( endzone for you guys )

Hursty said...

And you cant throw forwards. Thats about it. Apparently its pretty big as a 2nd tier sport in Boston ( because of the Irish influence).

TADOne said...

I must admit I have seen highlights or parts of rugby matches, and them dudes look completely insane. So i'm guessing scoring is the same then?

Anonymous said...

4 for a try in rugby league,5 in rugby union. 2 point conversion for both, but unlike NFL, kicks at goal are made from where the try is scored. ie: you score on touch line you have to convert kick from touchline. in AFL there are two main goals to kick it in and two wider ones that you get 1 point for kicking in. So essentially you get a point for missing.

B. Long said...

Best story I've read here so far besides the Klosterman Interview. Great job, Tadelicous.

TADOne said...

Thanks B.