Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Are We There Yet?

Posted by TADOne



(Things that are keeping me going until the NBA season tips off)

Like my colleagues, I felt compelled to drop some knowledge on what keeps my mind and body busy until my first love comes home to me. Also, work is slow and I’m still not recovered from my holiday weekend 3-day drinking binge. My baby comes home October 28th!

1) Yes We Can!

I am in no way a political aficionado, but Barack Obama has seized my attention and sparked a fire in my soul. I don’t know if he will make actual change or if he is spitting the regular political rhetoric, but he seems genuine enough. I have actually met his running mate Joe Biden being that I am a former resident of the tiny state of Delaware and know that this man has a good character.

I know what I will be doing November 4th, what will you be doing?

2) 2008 Olympics

Specifically, the Redeem Team. The gold is back where it belongs. However, there was so much more to these Olympics than Kobe, LeBron, and the re-emergence of Dwyane Wade. Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt, the USA men’s volleyball team, Lisa Leslie’s fourth gold medal, China’s domination in gold medal’s count, the USA women’s beach volleyball team extending their winning streak to 109 matches, the great show put on by the host country China, etc. Yes, I was watching.

3) Summer Ball

What is the best way to get over the blues of the NBA off season? How about actually picking up a ball and playing! After breaking my foot last summer and effectively ruining my regular ball sessions for almost 10 months, I’m back in the swing of pounding the blacktop (or the rec center floor). Got game?

4) The Rich Rod Era

Anyone who knows me knows where my loyalties lie. One of my most fiercest loyalties is Michigan Football. The Rich Rodriguez Era has gotten of to a slow start, but in time we shall have the right recruits for the spread offense. The days of 3 yards and a cloud of dust are gone. Go Blue!

5) Fish Tacos

Living in Virginia Beach for the last 6 years, I have gotten acquainted with different things I had never been introduced too. One of those things happens to be fish tacos from a place called Baja Cantina on 23rd street at the ocean front. If you are ever in the area, this is a must have.

6) Margarita’s and The Ocean Breeze

Just another luxury of living at the beach in the summer time. It is also fun to make fun of fat people in swim trunks and bathing suits while drunk.

7) Fantasy Football

Yeah, f*ck it, I’m a nerd. And a loser. Sue me.

26 comments:

Eboy said...

I like this....when you say your baby comes home )October 28th are you talking about a girl or a long, lost lovechild?

1) Regarding, November 4th, I can bet a shitload of money there will be a good NBA game that night

2)Yeah, I watched a lot of them too.

3)Summer ball is not an option. We play YEAR ROUND here, fucker.

4)Fuck Michigan.

5)Fish Tacos are the shit. There's a few good places here too, specifically a place called Roco's Tacos.

6)Agreed. (except for the alcohol aspect of it)

7)That's not the only thing that makes you a nerd, c'mon now!!! :)

TADOne said...

Eboy....

1) I'm quite sure.

2) So?

3) We do too, we just move indoors. So fuck off....

4) Fuck you...

5) Fuck your taco's...

6) Fuck fat people...

7) Whatever...kiss my ass...

Eboy said...

Very informative responses. Not sure what #6 meant, though.

TADOne said...

If you were paying attention, #6 referenced my initial #6 from the post. Loser.

Eboy said...

I also loved "fuck your tacos". Oh...and regarding #3, I had a trio fantasy of my Misty May and Kerry Walsh with me being repeatedly struck by blazing spiked volleyballs into my scro.......oh, the games......yes there were some entertaining moments that didn't involve hardwood. Your boy Bolt was straight, and Michael Phelps was the man.

B. Long said...

Fish Tacos are narsty! They got a place in Big D that sells them. They also have a place in Big D that is called the Fuzzy Taco. It sells something completely diffrent.

Anonymous said...

Never had a fish taco in my life, and played only one season of fantasy football. Does that make me any less (more?) of a nerd? :-)

Eboy said...

Ryne, you NEED to locate a place in the city for fish tacos.....STAT!!! Preferably ones that use fresh Mahi and can be turned around and made with grilled shrimp too!!!

B, your goofy ass needs to get on the fish taco tip that doesn't come off the back of a taco truck, or at least ones that don't smell like the inside of a donkey show bar in Tijuana. :)

Hursty said...

SCHOOLIES BITCHES!! WHOO!

Hursty said...

Google it. Also, send us your internet traffic to

hibachi20.blogspot.com

Much appreciated. btw are ya'll going to do a top 50 count down?

PPS check out 'garbageman Sydney harbour bridge collision' or those sort of words. I was there. Was late to school by 2 hours. Good time... not.

Eboy said...

hursty, since you're our boy, let's just say if we can get together what we're thinking about doing for the open of the NBA season, the gauntlet will be thrown right at Hibachi's feet to try and keep up with the masters.

AR said...

I should probably do one of these shouldn't I?

Eboy said...

You, Tariq and maybe even Madame C, AR. I would be very interested.

AR said...

Tariq did one,did he not.It'll probably be my last contribution to SKO for quite a while.

Eboy said...

Tariq, kind of sorta did. What are you doing, going on a intellectual revolt?

AR said...

Of sorts,I guess.
I've named it:Operation:Don't Fcuk up future.

Eboy said...

That has a better ring to it that Operation: Desert Storm or Infinite Freedom.

TADOne said...

AR: Honestly, I was just being lazy and didn't have a creative gene in my body at the time I wrote this, which was the only reason I felt compelled to do it. That, and I had 20 minutes to spare that day. But it would be very interesting to see what keeps you busy over there.

P.S.- Don't you have homework to do??

AR said...

@TAD:

Fuck fucking you.

TADOne said...

I take that as a resounding yes.

Hursty said...

Mmm well, we'll be waiting here my man E. No doubt about that. Waiting.... like a fox!
PS thats my new call/word thing. You should really google schoolies though. and the Harbour bridge. Quite messy situations both of them.

Anonymous said...

Hey Eboy,

Thank you for your comment on my site, I greatly appreciate it.

Sadly, school's starting tomorrow for me and things're getting busy real quick.

You guys're doing a great job here; I can't wait for the season to start, too. It was a great idea to set up a team blog for you "serious" Slam commenters; this way I don't have to sift through hundreds of inane and stupid faceless/hateful commenters to get the good stuff - actual insight and smart sports debate.

Keep it up, you guys.


Sincerely,

Joel O's

TADOne said...

Thanks for stopping thru and commenting Joel. What is your site? If you can, leave a link and we will add your to our link list. Come thru often as we will have more content coming soon enough.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, TADone.

It's joeloholic.wordpress.com; irregardless, thanks for the offer but it's fine, I'm not really an expert basketball blogger like you guys are heh. =)

TADOne said...

HA! He called us experts!!

TADOne said...

Oh, and Joel: If you happen to stop back thru, do know that I went by and enjoyed your blog as well. I don't personally look for everything basketball for our links, I just enjoy well written thought's about a wide variety of subjects. In the case of you, your blog is well written and I was into it while reading so I added a link to you.